Creator(s): St Mary’s (Church of Ireland) National School, Ardee
Administrative History ↴
St Mary’s (Church of Ireland) National School, Ardee was located on the Dundalk Road, Ardee, and attended by males and females and by Church of Ireland and Catholic pupils. The school was built by funds from the Erasmus Smith Board: the boys’ school-room was completed in 1806 and the girls in 1817. According to the report books, the site that it occupied was one acre and two roods; was non-vested; it was opened as a school in August 1914 and as a national school in February 1954; and had a school committee. The roll number for the school was 16519H. Ardee Educate Together national school opened on the site of St Mary’s national school in September 2002.
Archival History ↴
This collection was donated to Louth County Archives Service in 2011.
Immediate Source Acquisition ↴
Content & Structure
Scope & Content: St Mary’s (Church of Ireland) National School, Ardee ↴
This collection contains several daily report books, roll books and registers dating to the years 1954–2002. Information in the books is quite full.
Appraisal Destruction ↴
Further accruals may be expected
The collection is arranged by record type and then chronologically.
Conditions of Access & Use
Access is by appointment and subject to restricted access
Conditions Governing Reproduction
Copying is subject to copyright and physical condition.
16 bound volumes
Material Language Script
Characteristics Tech Req
Bound volumes. Fair - good condition. Careful handling required.
Descriptive list can be found on on-line catalogue and on Archive Collections webpage both available at http://www.louthcoco.ie
Archive Web Link →
Louth County Archives Service
Some digitised documents may occasionally be found on http://www.louthcoco.ie
Quane, Michael, ‘The Erasmus Smith School, Ardee’, Journal of the CLAHS, Vol 17, No 1 (1969), pp10-18
Descriptive Control Area
Lorraine McCann, 2013
ISAD(G): General International Standard Archival Description. 2nd ed. Ottawa: International Council on Archives, 2000.
Date of Descriptions